15th through 21st
All Free Aiki and Golden Bears classes during Aiki Peaceweek will offer training in Martial Nonviolence. MNv is a method created by Brandon Williamscraig Sensei and offered within the Peace Practices curriculum. Traditional aikido skills allow for balance retention and body management under pressure. MNv and PcPx extend these principles into specific practice with communication and group facilitation skills. Peace is conflict done well and requires practice beyond what is usual. Please join us!http://www.aikipeaceweek.org/en/event/free-aiki-dojo-peaceweek-classes
Tuesday 17th - 19:30
Kayla Feder Sensei will offer a special Aiki Peaceweek themed class at Aikido of Berkeley. Please come an train with us!
The Myth of Peace:
a culture of peacemaking, the process arts, and the emergence of a global communitarian mythology
Join us for a Webinar on March 28th &/or 31st, 2010
Please visit http://mythofpeace.com
Process Arts for Peace Open Workshop
- Martha Eddy: Dynamic Embodiment, Somatic Movement Therapy Training (BMC, Laban/Bartenieff, much more), and movement education for peace through the body
- Paul Linden: Aikido, Being In Movement® mindbody education, and BIM Embodied Peacemaking (Feldenkrais Method, Ishinryu Karate)
- Rosa Naparstek: community building through aesthetic experience--making connections between Art and Personal/Political transformation
- Charles Colten: Aikido in the Schools, Nonviolent Communication, Embodied Conflict Resolution, Aikisomatics
- Brandon WilliamsCraig: the Process Arts idea, Aikido and Martial Nonviolence® facilitation, mythology and cultural activism
- Others, TBA, including Bill Leicht of Urban Visions and Aiki Extensions Intl.
Shin Budo Kai
77 8th Ave. New York NY 10014 (@14th St.)
for any or all of the presentations
Tue. Dec. 22, 2009, from 12 noon until 5pm.
For more information and to stay in the loop for work of this kind, make sure you are a member at http://groups.google.com/group/assocbuildingcommunity